ISRAEL TENNIS AND EDUCATION CENTER (ITEC)
We honor Jeff on the 30th anniversary of his death, July 22, 2021, by raising $100,000 for the Israel Tennis and Education Center (ITEC).
The money raised will:
- Support the ITEC Covid Children’s Relief Campaign. These funds will establish mental health virtual zoom sessions, purchase tablets to support health and education, provide healthy meals for the children at the centers and implement a day camp to allow parents to return to work.
- Contribute to ITEC’s Special Needs Program. Since physical activity has shown to enhance the quality of life for those with disabilities, tennis is a natural part of these programs which include:
- Training physically disabled children and adults to play and compete in wheelchair tennis
- Serving children and youth with severe hearing deficiencies
- Rehabilitating injured IDF Soldiers and Veterans
- Training children for the national Special Olympics tennis tournaments
- Provide a Jeff Astor Sports Day field trip for the children
- Honor Jeff by naming an existing tennis court in Tel Aviv in his memory
Founded in 1976, the Israel Tennis and Education Centers (ITEC) is a non- profit organization that improves the quality of life of Israeli children. Through the medium of sport, the ITEC teaches life skills of self-reliance, perseverance and focus, fostering values of self-esteem, character and tolerance.
The Israel Tennis and Education Center provides for underserved children of all backgrounds and religions: Jewish, Druze and Ethiopian. Last year ITEC served 8,000 children at 14 facilities throughout Israel, 13 of these facilities in diverse underprivileged neighborhoods, and 12,000 more children through various outreach programs. It is one of the largest social service agencies for children in Israel. ITEC provides meals, tutoring, psychological and social services and tennis the varsity sport Jeff played in high school.
ITEC is the recipient of:
Israel Prize for Social Services
Prime Minister’s Award for Work with Children at Risk
Shalom award for Children and Adults with Intellectual Disabilities
Click here to donate to The Israel Tennis and Education Center